If ya’ like a hot morning cereal and want a guaranteed 100% gluten free deal, check out millet cereal! Makes a great replacement for oats but has more of a definite texture. Some love it, while other think its too “grainy.” Personally? I love it!
Basic Millet Cereal
- 3 C water
- 1 C millet
- dash of salt
Directions: pour water into pot and add raw millet. Cook for 30 minutes, then check on consistency. If happy, remove from heat. If not, add more water and simmer another 10 minutes. Top with additive of choice.
Wanna speed up the process? Soak millet overnight and cut back cooking time by half!
Toppings for Cooked Millet
- milk of choice (almond, coconut, dairy or cream)
- good oils (coconut or flax seed)
- honey or maple syrup
- frozen or fresh fruit and berries
- favorite spices: cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg
- fruit syrups or applesauce