If you enjoy creamy, pump-from-the-bottle lotion, this is the one for you! Deep skin cream does melt in extreme heat, but as this one is already in a liquid state and placed in a container that holds liquid goods, its a win-win!
The density of this lotion depends on the amounts of beeswax added and the thickness of oil used. Almond or olive oil will make for a thick, heavy lotion while avocado and apricot kernel oil make a pleasantly light texture.
Infused oils make for a lovely lotion, particularly if you wish for a light scent but don’t use essential oils! Stronger-smelling herbs (peppermint, lavender, thyme, rosemary, etc) make a gentle aroma, while mild herbs will hardly be noticeable.
- 1 C oil
- 1 1/2 Tbs beeswax
- 1/4 water
- essential oils
- in a double boiler melt beeswax under low heat.
- Add oil to warm. Make certain the two are thoroughly warmed and wax is liquid.
- Pour into a blender and set at lowest speed. Slowly, very slowly add water until gone.
- Blend the finished product at one speed faster for several minutes to make certain emulsification takes place.
- At this higher speed, add essential oils drops if desired.
- When through, pour into pump-bottles or container of choice.
- Let cool before capping with lid. Note: if you skip this step, liquid from condensation may cause lotion to mold.