While I hate to throw yet another granola recipe out there…here it is! Yes, it’s gluten free and tasty! We eat this one in our home, omitting ingredients and replacing other from time-to-time! It’s not a clumpy granola…it takes lots of sweetener to get that! Granola is another one of those versatile things. Only way you can go wrong is to burn it!
Basic Grainy Granola
- 1/4 C coconut oil
- 1/4 C honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 unsweetened peanut or almond butter
- 4-5 C oats (depending how clumpy you like it)
- 1 C unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4-1 C buckwheat grain
- 3/4-1 millet
- nuts or seeds of choice (one handful)
- dried fruit of choice (one handful)
- raisins (one handful)
- In a small pot warm honey and nut butter. Whisk often until mixed.
- Add coconut oil with vanilla extract. Mix and stir until melted.
- Mix all dry ingredients into bowl except millet,fruits and nuts.
- Pour liquid mix from pot into grains.
- Mix well and dump onto a 9×11 pan. Spread evenly.
- Bake and stir in increments
- Timer 1 & 2 should be 10 min each. Stir, pulling granola from sides of pan.
- Add millet. We do it mid-way or it will burn.
- Timer 3&4 should be 5 min each. Stir at each timer.
- After that, it ought to be just golden and done!
- Remove from over after 4th timer and stir in nuts and fruits. Mix twice before granola cools.
- When completely cool, store in bags or containers.